About Our Caregivers
The quality of our caregivers is essential to the success of Old Dominion Home Care. We pride ourselves on screening the “best” of the “best” to be part of the Old Dominion Home Care team. Our caregiving team is experienced, professional, caring, and committed to helping seniors. We have Companions, as well as Certified Nurse Aides providing care depending on the type of service needed for our client.
Every caregiver we hire becomes a part of our family. We are available to our caregivers at any time to answer questions and to help in any way. We encourage our team to make long-term commitments to the families we serve. These select caregivers are our employees, we do not hire independent contractors. Once selected to be part of our team, the caregivers attend a training/orientation session on all Old Dominion Home Care policies and procedures.
Prior to placing a caregiver with our clients, we have a very through screening process -
- Phone screening
- Face to face interview
- Employment / Reference checks
- Education License Verification (CNA)
- Virginia State Background Check
- National Criminal Background Check, including sex offender check
- Motor Vehicles Driving Record Review - All caregivers can provide transportation if needed
- Auto insurance verification
- TB Test
Apply Online to be a Caregiver with Old Dominion Home Care