We want to thank you for trusting Old Dominion Home Care. We always strive to provide the best care for you and your loved ones. During the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic the safety and the wellbeing of your loved ones, and our caregiving team continues to be our #1 priority. We regularly monitor the CDC, WHO, VDH, and follow the President and the Governor of Virginia’s Stay at Home Order. We are working tirelessly to ensure we are up to date on the guidelines related to the safety of our clients and caregivers.
You may find the following links useful:
Following currently recommended “Best Practices”, we have implemented new procedures to reduce the risk of the transmission of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
The following protocol has been adopted since the COVID-19 outbreak to help minimize the spread of disease:
- Our nursing and scheduling teams are working together to minimize exposure to germs, by limiting each caregiver to work with only (1) client at Old Dominion Home Care, except in rare instances.
- Our nursing team is delivering gloves, masks, gowns and hand sanitizer to our client’s homes to protect our caregivers and clients. Subject to availability, we will continue to provide these supplies.
- Ongoing updates for the caregivers which detail infection control measures to use for Covid- 19 when providing care and measures for them to use at home.
- We are screening all new clients for potential exposure to COVID-19 prior to starting care.
- We are screening all caregivers prior to placing them with any of our clients to ensure they are not working in another healthcare setting, are not themselves nor anyone in their household experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19
- Employees have not traveled in the past (14) days
- We are in daily communication as an office thru video teleconferencing and other electronic means and remain available to support our clients and caregivers 24/7.
The Old Dominion Home Care Team is here to serve our families and to keep you as safe and healthy during this very challenging time of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call the office (703) 273-0422 and speak to one of us.
Sue Augst Roll, Owner
Kenny Augst, Owner
Diana Gilbert, RN. Director of Personal Care Services