Dear Client and Responsible Party,
We want to thank you for trusting Old Dominion Home Care to provide assistance to your loved one. We continue to remain focused on delivering the best care to our clients during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. We are constantly monitoring the CDC, WHO, VDH and follow the President’s and the Governor of Virginia’s orders.
As the pandemic slowly begins to flatten in the Northern Virginia region, the “Stay at Home Order” has transitioned into a “Safer at Home Order” and we have entered into Phase 1 of Governor Northam’s 3-step process, effective May 29, 2020.
Virginia Phase One Guidelines https://www.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
Additionally, Governor Northam announced the public will be required to wear face coverings indoors, in public spaces, effective Friday, May 29th. This will impact our clients and caregivers as we may need to take a client into a doctor’s office, grocery store, pharmacy, restaurant, or any other indoor setting. We would like to ask that each family provide either cloth masks (which can be washed for reuse), or disposable masks for their loved one to use. ODHC caregivers will have their own mask to use during these times.
Governor Ralph Northam also announced that Virginians can now use COVIDCheck, a new online risk-assessment tool to check their symptoms and connect with the appropriate health care resource, including COVID-19 testing.
All these measures the Governor is putting in place is for the safety and wellbeing for the citizens of our Commonwealth. As the Governor is implementing changes related to COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we too are making changes in our procedures. Our goal remains to continue to provide the best care, and to minimize the risk of exposure to the virus while balancing the needs of all clients and caregivers. We continue to develop our best practices as the COVID-19 pandemic changes and new guidelines from our health care leaders are developed.
Below are some of our most recent changes to our procedures:
- ODHC nursing and scheduling teams are working together to minimize exposure to the virus, by limiting our caregivers to work with no more than (2) clients at Old Dominion Home Care, except in rare instances.
- All caregivers continue to receive COVID-19 (Coronavirus) education & training as infection control measures are adjusted and recommended.
- Implementation of a COVID-19 (Coronavirus) screening tool that is required to be completed by a caregiver prior to each shift they work.
- Implementation of a client wellness screening tool to be completed by a caregiver at the end of each shift.
- Continuation of a weekly ODHC Caregiver Zoom call to provide ongoing support, encouragement, and educational information to our staff.
- Daily communication for our office team through video teleconferencing and other electronic means which aides us to support our clients and caregivers 24/7.
- Our nursing and office teams are routinely delivering Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): (gloves, masks, and more) to our client’s homes to protect our caregivers and clients. Subject to availability, we will continue to provide these supplies.
- Currently, we are NOT providing care to anyone with positive Covid-19. Should this change in the future, we will provide additional training for care of individuals with Covid-19 and supply necessary PPE (Gowns, Face shields, Goggles) for those cases.
The Old Dominion Home Care Team is here to serve our families and to keep you as safe and healthy during this very challenging time of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call the office (703) 273-0422 and speak to one of us.
Sue Augst Roll, Owner
Kenny Augst, Owner
Diana Gilbert, RN. Director of Personal Care Services